The success of NRP 69 depends on a number of actors. The management of NRP 69 is ensured by a team comprising scientific experts, and delegates, representatives and observers from different bodies.
The steering committee is responsible for the strategic management and scientific quality of the programme, starting with the selection of the research projects to the synthesis of the research results.
The Programme Manager and the President of the steering committee are responsible for the operational management of the programme.
The Head of knowledge transfer is responsible for the communication of the research results to the target audiences.
Representatives of relevant federal offices accompany the steering committee and keep the administration informed of the progress of the programme.
Division Programmes of the national research council of the SNSF is the ultimate supervisory authority for the NRP. The Delegate of the research council acts as a link between the research council and the steering committee.
Steering Committee Members
- Prof. Fred Paccaud, Director, Institute of social and preventive medicine, University Hospital Centre, Lausanne (president)
- Prof. Stefania Boccia, Faculty of Medicine, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore of Rome, Italy
- Prof. Paolo Boffetta, Institute for Translational Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, USA
- Dr. Alan Dangour, Department of Nutrition and Public Health Intervention Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
- Prof. Lynn Frewer, School of Agriculture, Food and Rural development, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK
- Prof. Dietrich Knorr, Department of Food Biotechnology and Food Process Engineering, Berlin Institute of Technology, Berlin, Germany
- Barbara Redlingshöfer, UMR SADAPT, INRAE, AgroParisTech, Université Paris-Saclay, Paris, France
- Prof. Greg Thoma, Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Arkansas, USA
- Prof. Bruce Traill, School of Agriculture, Policy and Development, University of Reading, Reading, UK
Delegate of Division IV of the National Research Council
- Prof. Stefanie Hellweg, Institute of Environmental Engineering, ETHZ
Representatives of the Confederation
- Dr. Markus Lötscher, Leiter Fachbereich Forschung und Beratung, Bundesamt für Landwirtschaft (BLW)
- Dr. Michael Beer, Leiter Abteilung Lebensmittelsicherheit, Bundesamt für Gesundheit (BAG)
Delegate of the Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI)
- Barbara Keller, PhD
- Marjory Hunt, PhD, Swiss National Science Foundation, Berne
Head of Knowledge Transfer
- Xavier Pilloud, VIRTÙ Public Affairs AG